Technologies to Add/Added Technologies
For technologies which are still to be added, see Technologies to Add.
It may also be worth including the versions older plugins like Java were added in for completion's sake.
- 1 Unsorted
- 2 Added in Flashpoint 8.1
- 3 Added in Flashpoint 8.2
- 4 Added in Flashpoint 10.0
- 4.1 Adobe Atmosphere
- 4.2 Alambik Player
- 4.3 AXEL Player
- 4.4 LiveMath
- 4.5 Rebol
- 4.6 Xara Plugin
- 5 Added in Flashpoint 10.1
- 6 Upcoming
- 6.1 o2c
- 6.2 HotSauce
- 6.3 FreeHand
- 6.4 ThingViewer
- 6.5 Flatland Rover
- 6.6 Squeak
- 6.7 D'Fusion @Home Web Plug-In
- 6.8 Formula One/NET
- 6.9 ASAP WebShow/ActivePresenter WebShow
- 6.10 X3D
- 6.11 MrSID
- 6.12 mBed
- 6.13 EMBLAZE
Technologies that were added but not given dedicated sections due to minimal research.
Note: This section is incomplete.
|Extended Vector Animation||.eva|
|Live Picture Viewer||.ivr|
|Pixound||* Example: https://discord.com/channels/432708847304704010/714335844940513342/815253134976745514||.pxd|
|Smooth Move Panorama||https://web.archive.org/web/19961219083653/http://www.smoothmove.com/||.pan|
Added in Flashpoint 8.1
Pulse3D was previously called "Platinum VRML."
MICD2001_11_NR2.iso here: http://archive.org/details/MICD200111/
Browser plugins (at least the NPAPI one, didn't check ActiveX) seem to look for Pulse by using ShGetFolderPathA to find CSIDL_FLAG_CREATE | CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES if that function exists (and if not, looking at a Registry entry).
Some files seem to need a command sent to the plugin (for example, Fozzie needs "play obj=Dummy01 pkg=assets/fozzie/Package2.pws transition=0.30 heading=yes behave=joke"). The NPAPI version of the plugin looks like it relies on LiveConnect, which might not be supported in Basilisk.
Added in Flashpoint 8.2
A list of some VRML players: https://www.vrinternal.com/docs/links.html
Cosmo Player: https://cosmo-player.en.softonic.com/download
*; Also contains links to other places containing VRML content.
- Internet Archive Search: subject:"VRML": https://archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%22VRML%22
- A list of chat worlds and games at VR Internal (on the left sidebar): https://www.vrinternal.com/docs/links.html
- A Little Bit About Me: http://members.bex.net/jtcullen515/AboutMe.htm
- All VRML worlds from Archive Team's Geocities scrape (1,985 .wrl files total) https://flashfreeze.submissions.unstable.life/geocities.7z
- Andrew's VRML Games and Puzzles: http://www.soc.napier.ac.uk/~andrew/vrml/
- Floops archive, contains episodes 7, 10, 20, 24, 28, 29, 31, 35, 36, 38, 41, 42, 46, 47, 52, 53 and a special: https://github.com/Sgeo/floopsArchive
- FreeWRL examples: http://freewrl.sourceforge.net/examples.html
- Google search for VRML, limited to*: .ac.uk addresses, altervista.org addresses, .edu addresses, gainos.org addresses, VRML archives
- Lots and Lots of VRML 1: https://bluepload.unstable.life/lotsandlotsofvrml1.7z
- The Haunted House (created by Nekochan member nongrato): http://web.archive.org/web/20190704003702/http://sgizone.co.nf/haunted/
- Web3D Amusements* (The English version of VRML GAME. It has VRML programs not in the other version, which is in Japanese): http://web.archive.org/web/20191017225236/http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/~kekenken/main/index.html
- VRML GAME*: http://web.archive.org/web/20191016182344/http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/~kekenken/main/3d/game/game.htm
- VRML resources for the 3E15 lecture - 14 October 1998*: http://www2.cmp.uea.ac.uk/~jrk/wwwvrml.dir/public-vrml/VRMLLECTURE/
- vrml.sgi.com: http://web.archive.org/web/19980113075629/http://vrml.sgi.com/intro.html
- Flux Player 2.1 is stuck loading under TheWorld 3.5.03
- Too many players with variations: Which ones should get included?
Live3D: Crashes on page navigationresolvable by using in Netscape 4
- Cosmo Player: Struggles with large worlds. Direct3D renderer (the default) seems to cause dropped polygons (in Mod Gun and Beat Monk Bash at least) and drifting cameras (in Mod Dance Party) and wrongly rendering textures (in Dilbert animation I Think Therefore I Am). Have been unable to get software renderer to work. OpenGL renderer (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CosmoSoftware\CosmoPlayer\2.1.1\renderer = OPENGL) seems to work fine on one system, needs testing before any decision to hardcode.
- Blaxxun Contact 4.4: If a world has sounds but a sound has not played yet, low FPS. This seems to occur in a full install too.
- Blaxxun Contact 4.4: Some worlds rely on RealPlayer G2. Include in Blaxxun config? Example world: http://www.e-spaces.com/portfolio/ssg/vrml/main.wrl
- academic paper
- Japanese presentation
See https://bluepload.unstable.life/tcl-info.txt for many examples.
The Tcl plugin may not load unless these conditions are met:
- The page with the Tcl embed has to be the first page loaded by the browser (not counting about:home).
- The page must be allowed to complete loading without scrolling the page or moving the mouse over the embed area.
Tested in latest K-Meleon (non-Goanna) version on 2019-08-17.
Added in Flashpoint 10.0
There were multiple other plugins added to 10.0 that are not listed here, as they never were added to this page.
<object>tag. This appears to because of a use of VBScript. VBScript can be reenabled via registry, or it might be cleaner to replace the JS.
- Some older Atmosphere worlds don't work in the plugin. Newer worlds (including galleries) won't work fully in the standalone player.
- Low FPS. Can seemingly be fixed by changing "Throttle when not active". Hardware acceleration can be added by editing a text file, but it results in oddities in the tic tac toe world (http://www.it-quadrat.de/ttt/ttt3d/ttt.aer)
- Cannot point plugin directly at an
<object>tag must be used. (This is an original Adobe Atmosphere limitation)
- Some worlds automatically close chat. Some other worlds put useful information in the chat. The chat open/closed preference is saved, so worlds with chat should probably have some code to open chat embedded.
- Excessive caching may be a possibility.
- Stairs are tricky to climb. Could be related to missing avatars? Might want to include default avatar in htdocs.
It doesn't work with the proxy, loading from the live web.This was fixed by adding FlashpointProxy.dll (twice).
It requests data — specifically, a version number — from the registry. It gives a popup, but clicking "No" allows the application to play.Fixed by using FSP in Basilisk.
Using FSP with the standalone player gives "The process failed to start" as a popup, and "An error occured while activating the Mode." in the logs.Fixed with a config file tweak.
It requests some tracking files.We will use dummy files.
It doesn't recognize the dummy filesNot really that important.
Details on how to add the Support Pack are in this Discord message.
The tutorial is located at Alambik Curation.
- Browser plugin
- Standalone player
- Download links for all known versions
- Plugin files and modified Basilisk-Portable.ini package
A plugin for Rebol, a cross-platform programming language. The plugin exists for both Internet Explorer and Netscape-based browsers, but may be better tested in the former. It seems like most embeds have been written expecting one or the other.
- [https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/516027726851735632/785357102863482940/rebol_pack.7z Internet Explorer version package, no logo)
Plugin downloads (archived)
Added in Flashpoint 10.1
BitPlayer is a standalone player able to play BitMagic content, which is based on Flash or Shockwave. It downloaded games (BitGames) or BitFlicks (animations) from the internet on a daily basis. Advertisements were downloaded as well. All of these were stored in BM files, which contain an SWF for Flash-based content, or a DCR for Shockwave-based content.
There were around 2000 BitMagic files in its short life, of which we have only been able to save a little less than 500.
bitmagic.com.au, bitmagic.org, content.ao.bitmagic.com, download.ao.bitmagic.com, download.us.bitmagic.com, www.bitmagic.com
You might have to search for BitMagic for most of these links.
Michiel Frackers Interview - Co-founder, Co-founder flash website, animators website, more info, linkedin profile, about book by cofounder, more info 2, website were player could be downloaded, blog talking about various inside happenings
BitMagic should be good for the next release. However, items currently cannot be fully curated in the Curate Tab, since they can't be played directly, so no screen shots, etc. via the Curate Tab.
Examples are included in the download.
- bitmagic_converter - Extracts the Flash or Shockwave file embedded in a BitMagic file and shows metadata such as name, creator/note, and edition (usually a date, presumably the date it was published)
- minimagic_extractor - Extracts BitMagic BM files from Minimagic EXEs. Minimagic was a way of packaging up a BitMagic animation as a standalone executable.
The curation tutorial is available at BitPlayer Curation.
OCX files are used, but trying to run these as an ActiveX Control gives a "Registry Failed".
A 3D viewer for MCF files, which are similar to sitemaps.
- www.hdcity.com (archived, requires a multitude of plugins)
- mcf.research.apple.com (archived
- xspace.net CDX search
- mcf.research.apple.com CDX search
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_FreeHand (please note the article makes no mention of the plugin, but it appears to arise from that)
Also called Shockwave Graphics Player, or, like the other Shockwave plugins, just Shockwave.
All the sites with the icon here. Please note you have to click on the categories. These examples have been saved:
Sometimes throws this error:
All three buttons make the plugin stop working.
- Looks like they're intended to be single-asset
- The installer installs plugins (ActiveX and NPAPI) and a standalone viewer
- ThingWorld Football Games
- [https://web.archive.org/web/*/www.thingworld.com/* Wayback Machine www.thingworld.com search (filter by .tms)
An augmented reality plugin developed by a now-defunct French company, Total Immersion. Utilized the webcam.
- Windows installer (Archived; version 2.30)
- Mac installer (Archived)
- Latest version of Windows installer
- "Full" Windows installer (has a prerequisite included; Archived; version 3.10)
Example from Iron Man 2's augmented reality website(Archived; will not work due to unarchived needed files)
Olympus Minisite(Archived; will not work due to unarchived needed files)
Experience Pandora Minisite(Archived; will not work due to unarchived needed files)
- Imatech D'Fusion plugin demo
- D'Fusion plugin demo (missing certain files, will need reverse-engineering to get it to work)
- WisteriaHill D'Fusion plugin demo
Failed to start D'Fusion Web.Curation-specific problem
General problems with the D'Fusion installationTurns out a higher plugin version was needed
D'Fusion dropping files in App DataNot a problem
- Installer (needs otvdm)
- Formula One will sometimes say
Invalid File, will only work with http://localhost in the launch command
Plugin files (
.ap) don't show anything, but are recognized by the plugin.
- "Could not load the plug-in 'ASAP WebShow' for the MIME type 'application/x-asap'."
- Netscape stops responding.
- Examples: Scene Archives for X3D
- FreeWRL examples
- instantreality examples
- Castle Game Engine examples
- SwirlX3D examples
Flux Player 2.1 loads indefinitely under TheWorld 3.5.03.
An image compression plugin mainly used for orthophotos.
- Apparently didn't work in Basilisk nor Netscape; possibly missing DLLs?
Apparently doesn't like existing in a directory containing spaces Still broken even without spaces
Files using audio cause a spam of error messages (see right side)Fixed using an ini change
Crashes NetscapeWrong plugin version used
- Looking internally, the
npblz16.DLL; perhaps it needs 16 bit? Yes, it needed to be run in 16-bit Netscape due to the aforementioned ini change
- Needs a change in flashpointvm to work once imported