Difference between revisions of "Submitting a Curation"
Latest revision as of 10:10, 1 April 2021
Becoming a Trial Curator
Before you can officially submit curations in our main curation channels, you will need to submit your curation in the #curations-auditions channel. Head to the Flashpoint Discord server and submit there.
If your file is too large for Discord, please upload it to our site Bluepload instead. Once the file has finished uploading, paste the link to the file into #curator-auditions.
If you have any questions, ask in #audition-chat and a Curator will answer them. No discussion is allowed in #curator-auditions - you should only post your curation there.
After you have posted your curation in #curator-auditions, a Curator will check it. This can take some time, so please be patient.
- If you see a green checkmark underneath your submission, that means your submission passed our test. You are now a Trial Curator - you can officially submit your curation!
- If you see red X underneath your submission, that means something is wrong with your curation. Check the #audition-chat channel for an explanation of how to fix your curation.
Submitting a Curation
Now that you have the Trial Curator role, you need to upload your curation again to officially submit it. You have two main options for how to do this: using Discord, or using one of our upload sites. Choose one option - don't upload both to Discord and our website.
Uploading via Discord
If your curation is under 50MB, this is the easiest option.
- If you are submitting a Flash game, head to the #flash-game-curations channel. If the game uses a separate technology, go to #other-game-curations. If it's an animation and not a game, go to #animation-curations.
- Once you're in the right channel, drag your curation onto your Discord window. Then type the title of the game/animation you are submitting and click "Upload" to submit the curation.
Uploading via our website
You may use one of our web services to upload curations instead of using Discord. We have a 1GB size limit for curations uploaded via our sites; please let us know if you need to submit a curation bigger than that. Note that you are still required to post the name of your submission in the appropriate Discord channel. See below for more details.
- If you are submitting a Flash game, head to the Flash Curations upload site. If the game uses a separate technology, go to the Other Game Curations site. If it's an animation and not a game, go to the Animation Curations site.
- After your curation has finished uploading, go back to Discord. If you are submitting a Flash game, head to the #flash-game-curations channel. If the game uses a separate technology, go to #other-game-curations. If it's an animation and not a game, go to #animation-curations.
- Once you're in the right channel, post the title of the game/animation you just uploaded. You don't need to provide a link as long as you uploaded it in the right place.