MAD4FP, or Multi-Asset Downloader for Flashpoint, is a new mode of Flashpoint Infinity for easily downloading multi-asset games. This article explains how to set up and use this mode. Please note that MAD4FP **only works on HTTP URLs!** You will need to use a different method to save games on HTTPS URLs.
Setting Up MAD4FP
If you are using Flashpoint 6.1 or older, follow these steps first:
- Navigate to https://raw.githubusercontent.com/FlashpointProject/Flashpoint-Router/master/router.php.
- Save the file to
Flashpoint\Serverin your Flashpoint Infinity folder. Use the filename
router.php. You may back up the old
Regardless of your Flashpoint Infinity version, follow these steps:
- Open the
router.phpfile in the
Flashpoint\Serverfolder using a text editor such as Notepad.
- Find the line that says
const ROUTER_MAD4FP = false;and change the
true. Save the file.
- In Flashpoint Infinity, click New Game on the bottom-right corner of the launcher. If you do not see a New Game button, switch to the Config tab and check "Enable Editing."
- Enter the title and platform of the game, and any other metadata you wish. For the Launch Command, paste the URL of the page where the game is located.
- For the Application Path, click the dropdown and choose the path for K-Meleon or Basilisk. K-Meleon is recommended for most plugin-based games, while Basilisk is recommended for HTML5 and Unity games.
Double-click the game to launch it. The game should load in the browser you specified. Watch the Flashpoint Redirector window as you play the game.
- Once all of the assets seem to have loaded, navigate to
Flashpoint\Server\htdocsand sort the contents by Date Modified. Determine which files and folders belong to the game you just downloaded.
- Copy the files and folders from the htdocs folder to your curation's
contentfolder, retaining the same structure. Refer to Instructions for Curating.