All SWFs need to be placed inside a 'content' folder, then arranged in the same way that they would be placed in Flashpoint proper from the htdocs folder. See the example, or watch the video for a more indepth look.
Logos must be PNG format, and have the entire title of a game, or something that is representative of the game. To be named 'logo.png' in all cases.
Recommended tools include Snipping Tool and Paint, both included in Windows 10 by default. You're free to use other tools, just remember, always use PNG.
Screenshots must be in PNG format, and have a credible 'action shot' of the game (no menus or obvious tutorials). To be named 'screen.png' or 'ss.png' in all cases.
The metadata must be included in a file named 'meta.txt', and contain all of the fields in the following examples.
List of Metadata Required
You need to add the field, but you can leave it blank if the field is not applicable (unknown developer, no series, no notes, etc.)
- Title: The name of the game, in full.
- Series: The series the game is in. FLASH SERIES ONLY - don't put "Danny Phantom" if the game is a Danny Phantom game, only if there is a very specific series for that game in Flash.
- Developer: The name of the developer, or developers. Seperate multiple developers with the , symbol.
- Status: One of the following:
- Playable: Fully playable from beginning to end.
- Playable (Hacked): You've played with the file to make it load via Flash decompilation.
- Playable (Web Browser): Only works in a web browser.
- Playable (Partial): Game cannot be finished due to missing files.
- Extreme: Whether or not the game should be hidden when asked because of thoroughly extreme content not appropriate for younger people.
- See Genres.
- Source: The website you retrieved the game from. Both a full URL and simply the name of the website (with the .com/etc at the end) are acceptable.
- Launch Command: The line "Application Command-Line Parameters" inside Flashpoint.
- Notes: Anything that will appear between the metadata and before the screenshots in LaunchBox's Details interface.
- Author Notes: Something you want me to see before I add the game via the autocuration tool.
A Good meta.txt
Title: Alien Hominid Series: Developer: The Behemoth Status: Playable Extreme: No Genre: Shooter Source: Newgrounds.com Launch Command: http://localflash/alien-hominid.swf Notes: Author Notes: Thanks for your work!
Packing it up
All of these files should now be packed into a single .ZIP file and sent to me. You should place the contents inside the zip, inside of a folder with the game name.