This guide will show you how to curate Adobe Atmosphere content using Flashpoint Core.
Before You Start
- This tutorial will assume you've read the standard Curation Tutorial, which is highly recommended to go through. Try curating a Flash game before moving on to other platforms like Atmosphere.
- The general list of Atmosphere worlds are listed here: http://www.1ec5.org/3d/worlds.html (most of them are offline).
How to recognize an Atmosphere application
- It is described as Adobe Atmosphere world somewhere on the site.
- Websites will have this button asking you to download (http://www.konomex.com/atmosphere/atmosphere.gif).
Important things about Atmosphere curation
- .aer/.atmo files always need to be embedded in HTML! If the original files are lost, use this:
<body style="margin:0"> <object id="main" classid="CLSID:03F998B2-0E00-11D3-A498-00104B6EB52E" height="100%" width="100%"> <param name="Source" value="http://example.com/atmosphere.aer"> <param name="Component" value="IVirgoComponent"> <param name="ComponentFileName" value="VirgoComponent.mtc"> <param name="BroadcastKeyFileURL" value="''"> <param name="properties" value="''"> </object> </body>
- Mention in notes: "Original .html is lost, game embedded in new instead.".
- Original Title - Adobe Atmosphere 3D Gallery was used as a default name when galleries didn’t have a specified name. To distinguish galleries between them, add something to the title, e. g. Adobe Atmosphere 3D Gallery - Mancuso Cheese Company.
- Logo - use Viewer.png, if it wasn't lost.
- Date - This can be found in the .aer file. (MM/DD/YYYY) This is the date of which the file was created, but it doesn’t always match with the actual release date.
- Tags - Use the 3D and Virtual World tags for most games.
- Ignore request of files from adobe.com directory in logs.
- Most times you can ignore avatars from external sites, but you will have to remember your last used avatar as you will be asked for it in your next curation.
- Merge worlds as microsite if possible (e. g. Visitable Extreme Physics (xfzx) Worlds Microsite).
- If you have any questions/problems, ask on #vrml-chat