This guide will show you how to curate Adobe Atmosphere content using Flashpoint Core.
Before You Start
- This tutorial will assume you've read the standard Curation Tutorial, which is highly recommended to go through. Try curating a Flash game before moving on to other platforms like Atmosphere.
- The general list of Atmosphere worlds are listed here: http://www.1ec5.org/3d/worlds.html (most of them are offline).
How to recognize an Atmosphere application
- It is described as an Adobe Atmosphere world somewhere on the site.
- Websites will have this button asking you to download (http://www.konomex.com/atmosphere/atmosphere.gif).
Important things about Atmosphere curation
- .aer/.atmo files always need to be embedded in HTML! If the original files are lost, use this:
<body style="margin:0"> <object id="main" classid="CLSID:03F998B2-0E00-11D3-A498-00104B6EB52E" height="100%" width="100%"> <param name="Source" value="http://example.com/atmosphere.aer"> <param name="Component" value="IVirgoComponent"> <param name="ComponentFileName" value="VirgoComponent.mtc"> <param name="BroadcastKeyFileURL" value="''"> <param name="properties" value="''"> </object> </body>
- Mention in notes: "Original .html is lost, game embedded in new instead.".
- Original Title - Adobe Atmosphere 3D Gallery was used as a default name when galleries didn’t have a specified name. To distinguish galleries between them, add something to the title, e. g. Adobe Atmosphere 3D Gallery - Mancuso Cheese Company.
- Logo - use Viewer.png, if it wasn't lost.
- Date - This can be found in the .aer file. (MM/DD/YYYY) This is the date of which the file was created, but it doesn’t always match with the actual release date.
- Tags - Use the 3D and Virtual World tags for most games.
- Ignore request of files from adobe.com directory in logs.
- Most times you can ignore avatars from external sites, but you will have to remember your last used avatar as you will be asked for it in your next curation.
- Merge worlds as microsite if possible (e. g. Visitable Extreme Physics (xfzx) Worlds Microsite).
- If you have any questions/problems, ask on #plugin-chat
Wrapping It Up
First, make sure that you have thoroughly tested your curation and followed the Curation Format. Scroll down in the Curate tab and click the
Export button at the bottom of your curation to save it as a .7z file. After you've exported the curation, you can find it by clicking the
Exported Curations button on the Curate tab (as long as you didn't choose to save it somewhere else). Once you have the file, submit it to the Flashpoint Submission System. An explanation of how the site works is available here.
After you have uploaded your curation to the website, a Curator will check it. This can take some time, so please be patient. You will be pinged in the #fpfss-notifications channel about whether or not your submission was approved, and if any changes need to be made.
Congratulations! Your submitted game/animation will appear in a future version of Flashpoint.