|This page is incomplete, and thus is in my namespace. It will be added to in the future, and can be edited by anyone.|
This guide will show you how to curate Alambik content using Flashpoint Core.
Before you start
- This tutorial will assume you've read the standard Curation Tutorial, which is highly recommended to go through. Try curating a Flash game before moving on to other platforms like Alambik.
- THE-DEMO.COM has a large list of Alambik applications, however you must go to the Internet Archive to find the files.
- This currently needs a support pack. The support pack is not available, as a bug has yet to be fixed.
Which Launch Command to use
startAlambik.bat with just the Alambik file first. If this doesn't work, use
startAlambikInBrowser.bat with just the Alambik file. If this still doesn't work, embed the Alambik file in an HTML file.
How to recognize an Alambik application
- It is described as an Alambik application somewhere on the site.
- It uses the
Many meta fields can be found by right clicking, then pressing View Sources. This works in both standalone and the browser.
- Title - Use the
Script namefield, and all titles mentioned elsewhere should be added as Alternate Titles.
- Developer - Use the
- Release Date - Use the
Last updatefield; this is the date (in MM.DD.YYYY format) of which the file was last changed, but it doesn’t always match with the actual release date.
- Original Description - Use the
Short commentfield; append any other descriptions to this with two blank lines seperating them.
- Version - Do not use the
Alambik Script versionor
Mediamaker versionfields; use a version located elsewhere if you can find one.
- The player requests some tracking files, which have already been added to
htdocs. These can be safely ignored; do not place them in your curation.
- If you have any questions/problems, ask in #plugin-chat.
Wrapping It Up
When you're finished testing, export the curation and name the .7z file with the name of the app, and submit it to the #other-game-curations or #animation-curations channel of the Flashpoint Discord. Use the Alambik emoji (20px) when submitting.