This guide will show you how to curate Vitalize using Flashpoint Core.
Before You Start
This tutorial will assume you've read the standard Curation Tutorial, which is highly recommended to go through.
Vitalize content files use the .ccn file extension. When entering a page with Vitalize content, these are some ways to find the location of the file:
- Right-click the page and click "View Page Source" (or alternatively, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+U), then look for an
embedtag with a link to the content file.
- Right-click the page and click "Inspect Element" (or alternatively, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+I), then click "Network", then refresh the page. If a .ccn file appears, click on it in the list, and a link to the file will be available.
Before you begin, keep in mind some software titles may ask to update extensions. These are often a single MOX file (COX for v2 titles), or DLL files in some cases. Downloading these straight from the URL is unlikely to work outside DLL files, but copying the plugin from another version is possible in many cases. However, changing the file extension to the other is necessary if copying COX or MOX files from or to the v2 folder, and v2 titles are unlikely to work properly. For example, some titles crash to the splash screen when calling for the extensions outside the initial loading process. If these extension updates are not saved, the title will not work. However, if an EXE version exists, as is the case with Lollipop Eater X (available here), the Vitalize version of which looks for
www.clickteam.com/vitalize4/extensions/sv1/v4u/onu.mox, it may be possible to extract any necessary files, though in practise, it is not. If they are, submit them to the Flashpoint Discord in a .7z file in either of the two ways:
- Add them to the file directories
FPSoftware\BrowserPlugins\Vitalize\Clickteam\Vitalize\v, one for each necessary version number (for example,
FPSoftware\BrowserPlugins\Vitalize\Clickteam\Vitalize\v4) in the .7z file, then submit it to the #pending-fixes channel of the Flashpoint Discord.
- Submit them along with the Vitalize version. See #Wrapping It Up for more information.
Follow the Curation Format to add metadata for your game and create its correct content folder. The Platform should be
Vitalize and the Application Path should be
- If running the bare .ccn file, link to the
.ccnfile, for example
- If running the .ccn file embedded, link to the URL of the page where it's located, for example
http://www.angelfire.com/indie/mojofltr/Games/attack.htm. If you can't find this page, you can use something like
http://localvitalize, or the original website URL, for example
Wrapping It Up
After testing and following the Curation Format, click the
Export button at the bottom of your Curation to create a .7z file with the entire curation, which location is reached by clicking
Exported Curations on the Curate tab. Once you have the file, submit it to the Flashpoint Submission System.