Updating the Master List
This page describes how to use Flashpoint's database file to export and update the Game Master List and Animation Master List.
First, download the latest Flashpoint database file if you don't have it already.
Exporting CSV Files
Follow these steps to export the entire game/animation database as a CSV file:
- Download, install and open DB Browser for SQLite.
- Open the
File -> Open Database...)
File -> Export -> Table(s) to CSV file...
- Select the
gametable and leave all other options at their default values. Save the file.
Next, follow these steps to create separate game and animation CSV files:
- Download and run CSVFileView.
- Open the CSV file that you exported.
- In the Options menu, change the "Unicode/Ascii Default Open Mode" to UTF-8. Then change the "Unicode/Ascii Save Mode" to "Always UTF-8."
- In the Options menu, check "Add header line to CSV/Tab-Delimited File." Then check the "Allow MultiLine Fields" option.
- Click the Refresh button to reload the file.
View -> Edit Display Filter. Check "Use the following display filter", then type one of the following:
library = 'arcade'for the Game Master List
library = 'theatre'for the Animation Master List
View -> Choose Columnsand check only these columns: title, series, developer, publisher, platform.
File -> Save All Items. Save as the CSV file type.