This guide will show you how to curate REBOL content using Flashpoint Core.
Before You Start
- This tutorial will assume you've read the standard Curation Tutorial, which is highly recommended to go through. Consider curating a Flash game before moving on to REBOL.
- Below are a few sources of REBOL examples:
- http://www.rebol.com/download-view.html (desktop app that includes links to REBOL sites and files)
- It mentions REBOL anywhere on the site.
- Uses the file extension
- Raw REBOL code is shown (similar to http://www.rebol.com/view/demos/bubbles.r).
Set the Application Path as
FPSoftware\startRebol.bat and the Platform as
REBOL games have to be embedded in an html. If the game you're curating doesn't have an html, use the embed below:
<CENTER> <OBJECT ID="RPluginIE" CLASSID="CLSID:9DDFB297-9ED8-421d-B2AC-372A0F36E6C5" CODEBASE="http://www.rebol.com/plugin/rebolb5.cab#Version=0,5,0,0" WIDTH="100" HEIGHT="100" BORDER="1" ALT="REBOL/Plugin"> <PARAM NAME="LaunchURL" value="main.r"> <PARAM NAME="bgcolor" value="#ffffff"> <PARAM NAME="version" value="none"> </OBJECT>
Save this as an .html file, and set it as the Launch Command. You must also find the width and height of the app.
REBOL files may include metadata in the code, including Title, Author, Version, or Descriptions. You can add these to the meta fields if not mentioned on the website.
- Ask in #plugin-chat if you have any issues or come across any error messages.
Wrapping It Up
First, make sure that you have thoroughly tested your curation and followed the Curation Format. Scroll down in the Curate tab and click the
Export button at the bottom of your curation to save it as a .7z file. After you've exported the curation, you can find it by clicking the
Exported Curations button on the Curate tab (as long as you didn't choose to save it somewhere else). Once you have the file, submit it to the Flashpoint Submission System. An explanation of how the site works is available here.
After you have uploaded your curation to the website, a Curator will check it. This can take some time, so please be patient. You will be pinged in the #fpfss-notifications channel about whether or not your submission was approved, and if any changes need to be made.
Congratulations! Your submitted game/animation will appear in a future version of Flashpoint.