MAD4FP, or Multi-Asset Downloader for Flashpoint, is a new mode of Flashpoint Infinity for easily downloading multi-asset games. This article explains how to set up and use this mode. Please note that MAD4FP only works on HTTP URLs! You will need to use a different method to save games on HTTPS URLs.
Setting Up MAD4FP
If you are using Flashpoint Infinity 6.1 or older, follow these steps first:
- Navigate to https://raw.githubusercontent.com/FlashpointProject/Flashpoint-Router/master/router.php.
- Save the file to
Flashpoint\Serverin your Flashpoint Infinity folder. Use the filename
router.php. You may back up the old
Regardless of your Flashpoint Infinity version, follow these steps:
- Open the
router.phpfile in the
Flashpoint\Serverfolder using a text editor such as Notepad.
- Find the line that says
const ROUTER_MAD4FP = false;and change the
true. Save the file.
- In Flashpoint Infinity, click New Game on the bottom-right corner of the launcher. If you do not see a New Game button, switch to the Config tab and check "Enable Editing."
- Alternatively, you can switch to the Curate tab, then click New Curation instead of New Game. For more information about using the Curate tab, see Curation Tutorial.
- Enter the title and platform of the game, and any other metadata you wish. For the Launch Command, paste the URL of the page where the game is located. If you plan to use the Flash projector, paste the direct link to the game SWF instead.
- For the Application Path, click the dropdown and choose the appropriate application in Flashpoint for the type of game you are curating.
- Double-click the game to launch it. The game should load in the application you specified. Watch the Flashpoint Redirector window as you play the game.
- Once all of the assets seem to have loaded, navigate to
Flashpoint\Server\htdocsand sort the contents by Date Modified. Determine which files and folders belong to the game you just downloaded.
- Copy the files and folders from the htdocs folder to your curation's
contentfolder, retaining the same structure. Refer to Instructions for Curating.
Turning Off MAD4FP
After you're done using MAD4FP, you will need to turn it off to use Flashpoint Infinity normally. To do this, follow the steps described in Setting Up MAD4FP, but change
true back to