Instructions for Curating
- Download Flashpoint Core 3.1, a lightweight developer version of Flashpoint
- Most games are tested within
Flashpoint Core X.X/Server/htdocs. X.X is the version number
- Make note of the direct URL to the game's main files you've extracted
Important, for most non-flash games, you need to save not only the game main file, but also the HTML code snippet in which the main file is embedded - place that in an index.html file, and keep reading
- Within htdocs, make a folder with the website name
- Within that folder, begin mimicking the URL by building corresponding subdirectories.
newgrounds.com/alienhominid/59593_alien_booya202c.swf- you would make an
alienhominidsubfolder, if your url has more, keep adding subfolders until it looks like your url
- Finally, place your game's main files in the last subfolder (along with an
index.htmlif you've created one)
Now that you have the code set up correctly in htdocs:
- Open up Flashpoint Core and click on New Game on the bottom right corner
- Click on Application Path and select the appropriate path for your extracted game
- i.e. flashplayer.exe for flash, startUnity.bat for Unity, etc.
- The Launch command should be the exact URL to where you extracted the game
- However, for most non-Flash games, you need to link it to the html in which the game is embedded
- If you want to edit these locations later, head to the Arcade tab and select the game (there will be a pencil image and a trash image next to the name) and click the pencil
- You should see a new game in the launcher list
- Run it
- Observe the Flashpoint redirector window and see if you're getting 404 errors - you can grab any missing assets or code by going to the indicated URL locations, downloading it and placing it correctly in the htdocs
- Hunt down other websites in which the game has been embedded or even originally hosted if any of the files end up being broken
- If you wish to decompile and look at the code, there are a few tools available.
Flash - JPEXS Flash Decompiler
Java - Luyten Java Decompiler
Once it works, follow the instructions on the Curation Format.