This page contains outdated questions previously included in the Extended FAQ.
A: This issue will be fixed in the next version of Flashpoint. For now, follow the steps below to fix the problem:
- Download and unzip this file.
- Cut and paste the
autoupdate-revision.unity3d.comfolder into Flashpoint's
- Replace the existing files/folders when prompted.
Flashpoint Proxy: Connection could not be established with the remote host.
A: There is a known bug in Flashpoint 8.0 Ultimate that prevents Flash, PopCap Plugin, and some 3DVIA games from working in Windows 7.
A patch is available to correct this problem. To apply the patch, follow these steps:
- Download the patch from here: https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/Flashpoint_Proxy_Patch.zip
- Open the downloaded folder. Inside of it, you will see another folder called FPSoftware.
- Click on this FPSoftware folder from the download to highlight it, then press
C. This will copy the folder.
- Navigate into your Flashpoint folder. You'll know you're in the right place because there will be four folders called Data, FPSoftware, Launcher, and Server.
- Once you're in the right place, press
V. This will paste the folder.
- If asked to overwrite any files, click Yes.
You may now Start Flashpoint and the issues should be resolved.
A: This problem was fixed in Flashpoint 8.0. To fix this problem in Flashpoint 7.1 and below, follow these steps:
about:configin Basilisk's address bar and press Enter.
- Search for
- Double-click the entry to set it to True.
Error with proxy: Error reading original system proxy settings. Make sure you have registry read permission. Error code: 12178 Games may not work until the error is fixed. Close Flashpoint and open it again once the error is fixed.
A: This error means that the WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service is disabled. Follow these steps to re-enable the service:
- Open a Command Prompt as Administrator
- Run this command:
reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinHttpAutoProxySvc" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f
- Restart your computer.
If Flashpoint still does not work after following those steps, the service may have somehow been removed from your system. Follow these steps to add the service back:
- Open this list of default Windows services.
Fto search the page. Search for
WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Serviceand download the linked
- Double-click the downloaded
.regfile to add it to the registry. Click "Yes" on any UAC prompts that appear.
- Restart your computer.
A: If Shockwave games won't show up in Basilisk, that means you need to install the Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable, even if you already installed the 2015 version. When you install the Visual C++ Redistributable, make sure to install the x86 version, even if you're on a 64-bit machine!
A: Make sure whatever program you used to extract the 7z file didn't create an extra folder with the name of the 7z (e.g.
FP71-stage3) inside your main Flashpoint folder. If you see such a folder, simply move the content of that folder out of it into your main Flashpoint folder (both
Data folders will merge).
A: There is a known issue with Flashpoint Launcher that sometimes prevents it from installing the upgrades. Try downloading the upgrades manually by following the steps below:
- In your Flashpoint folder, open the
- Open the
upgrade.jsonfile in a text editor like Notepad.
- Find and copy the URL for the upgrade ZIP file that you want to install.
- Paste the URL into a download manager like Free Download Manager. Wait for the file to finish downloading.
- Extract the file directly into your Flashpoint folder using 7-Zip.